Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turkey Cookies

Leyna saw some cute turkey shaped cookies on TV the other day and has been begging to make them ever since. So, we whipped these little cuties up today. Well, I should say they were cute before we baked them. Afterward was another story. Here's the play by play:
Leyna decorates. Cora eats decorations.
Turkeys up close. Sugar cookie dough, mini chocolate chip eyes, candy corn beaks and feathers, and a cranberry waddle.
Please enjoy these lovely, pre-baked cookies...
because they sure weren't cute once we baked them!
I think I may have to throw my cookie sheet away! Melted candy corn turns into stained glass. Next time we'll bake the cookies and press the decorations into them right out of the oven while they're still soft. Either that or use frosting to glue them on. Lesson learned! They still tasted good :)

No comments: