Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken Nugget Parmesan

Okay, I know today was supposed to be WFLW but I completely forgot to take a picture of the lunch we had at Reagan & Reed's house today. I made several mental notes to myself to remember but I guess I lost them.
Luckily, I can make it up to you with this lovely little recipe I discovered tonight. The girls had very abbreviated naps this afternoon and I knew that dinner would have to be something they loved in order to get any food in their grumpy tummies. Spaghetti is always a hit but I wanted to add some protein and chicken nuggets came to mind. Then I thought, Chicken Parmesan! It was a huge hit and I think we'll be having it often.
Chicken Nugget Parmesan
chicken nuggets
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
parmesan cheese
2 C mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Spray the bottom of an 11x13 pan with olive oil. Cover the bottom of the dish with chicken nuggets and sprinkle them with parmesan cheese. Pour the spaghetti sauce all over the nuggets. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
The girls and I ate our chicken parmesan over angel hair pasta and Daddy put his on a sub roll and then lightly toasted the whole thing in the oven. We were all happy :)

No comments: