Just when you think you have them all figured out, kids always surprise you. I decided to make the subject recipe for dinner tonight because we had a pork tenderloin in the freezer and it sounded good. Never in a million years did I expect the girls to even consider a taste but guess what? They LIKED it. And I'm still in shock. Now, granted, I had to pretend the little pieces of pork were puppy treats and call Cora "Rudy" so she would eat them but hey, whatever works! She ate multiple "puppy treats" and I was just thrilled. I served this with jasmine rice and edamame and the whole dinner was a massive success. SCORE!
Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients
2-3 lb pork tenderloin
salt
pepper
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
3 T honey
1 T dijon mustard
dash or so of garlic powder
Directions
Sprinkle pork tenderloin with salt and pepper and place on slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over pork, turning to coat. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs or on high for 3.5-4 hours.
This made a lot of pork. You could mix the leftover with barbeque sauce and do pulled pork sandwiches. Or you could make Cuban Midnight sandwiches, or anything else you can think of to do with pork!
No comments:
Post a Comment