Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

Last night I decided to throw together my own little version of this popular dish. It was super easy and super tasty so I want to put it on the record.
Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C seasoned breadcrumbs
1/8 C grated parmesan cheese
1/4 t garlic salt
1 jar marinara sauce (I used our homemade sauce!)
shredded mozzarella cheese for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, and garlic salt in a shallow bowl. Rinse chicken breasts, coat in breadcrumb mixture, and place in a greased 13x9 in baking dish. Bake for ~25-30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from oven, spoon sauce over each piece and top with a sprinkling of mozzarella. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted. Serve with whole wheat pasta topped with sauce and cheese, as well as a veggie of your choice. YUM :)

No comments: