Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Soup Week, Day 3: Dawn's Cousin's Crockpot Chicken Chili

Andy seemed shocked that I was making chili during "Soup Week." Is chili a soup? I think so! If not - oh well - I hope you like the recipe anyway! I've made this one lots over the past couple years, ever since my good friend Dawn introduced it to me as her cousin's crockpot chicken chili. So, that's what I call it!
Cora was on strike tonight because she only wanted Hershey Kisses so she ate one bean and called it a meal. Leyna was super excited about it and so happy to have garbanzo beans but didn't eat much since she's feeling under the weather. They DO like it though and have eaten it many times before. And the grown ups dressed theirs up with cheese and sour cream and enjoyed every bite. Thanks Dawn!!!
Dawn's Cousin's Crockpot Chicken Chili

Ingredients
2-3 boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen organic)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can black beans
1 can cannenelli beans
1 small bottle of Wishbone italian dressing (I used about half of a big bottle of Newman's Own)
1 T cumin
1 T chili powder
(the recipe also calls for 1/2 T salt and 1/2 T pepper but I leave these out)

Directions
Pour Italian dressing in the slow cooker and top with the chicken. Drain and rinse the beans and pour them in. Add remaining ingredients. You don't even have to stir! Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or even the whole day. Before serving, stir through and the chicken will pretty much just fall apart and shred up on it's own. Top with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

You are too funny with the title!! LOL I LOVE the idea of adding the sour cream! YUM!