We didn't get to do Pizza Friday last night so I made up for it tonight. I made pepperoni pizza rolls for the grown ups and plain cheese ones for the kiddos. These were a huge hit. The girls ate them better than they usually eat their pizza! I'll be making these again soon!
To make these I whipped up our usual whole wheat pizza dough and divided it into four balls. I flattened each ball into a circle and topped it with sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and then rolled it up, sealing the edges and tucking the ends under. I baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Some of the cheese did explode out of the sides and leak so maybe next time I'll try poking holes in the top to see if that helps by releasing the steam. I served them with marinara sauce for dipping and we had mixed veggies on the side (I would have preferred a salad with them but I was feeling too lazy to make one!).
No comments:
Post a Comment