So I bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco yesterday and I have done some pretty amazing things with it. More on that tomorrow. Tonight I'll tell you about my latest creation - Chicken Barrettes. I made up the recipe, Leyna made up the name :)
Here's what you'll need:
4 10 in flour tortillas cut in half
1 C shredded cooked chicken
1/2 C shredded cheese (I used a Colby/Monterrey jack blend)
4 oz softened cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1/2 t garlic powder
*I didn't add any other seasonings because my chicken was well seasoned. So, if you're using plain chicken you'll want to add some salt and anything else that sounds good.
Preheat oven to 350. Mix chicken, cheeses, garlic powder, and any other spices you deem necessary. Lay a half tortilla in front of you and spread the chicken mixture along the flat side where you cut it. Then tightly roll the tortilla toward the rounded edge and place in an 8x8 baking dish, folding the edges up or under to make it fit. Repeat until you use up all the chicken mixture. I ended up with 7 "barrettes." Place in oven and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Mine were nicely melted and the tortillas were just a bit crispy at this point. Serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping (we mix ours together).
This was a huge hit. We polished them all off and were all wishing for more. I may double the recipe next time. This will be good football season food too!
No comments:
Post a Comment