Monday, October 11, 2010

Lunch by Daddy

Lunch was really hectic today. Cora was having a meltdown and I got as far as putting some leftovers on the counter before she made it clear that I was not allowed to do anything else. So, Daddy took over lunch for Leyna and asked her what she wanted. She said "A sandwich." I was just about to tell him a PB&J would be fine when he looked at the array of bowls on the counter and said "How about a macaroni and chicken sandwich?" Leyna said "Sure!" and I gave Daddy "the look" and told him there was NO WAY she would eat that. She barely eats macaroni, hardly ever eats meat these days unless it's dipped in ketchup, but hey - I had a screaming baby writhing in my arms so Whatever!
Would you believe that little stinker proved me totally wrong and ate every last bite. I'm still in disbelief.
Here's the Daddy Sandwich:
(Whole wheat bread, organic mac n cheese,  rotisserie chicken, & a touch of mayo. Aka weird.)
I'm not posting this because I think you should make it, but I think there's a lesson here. Sometimes a different cook in the kitchen is just novel enough to make the same old thing seem  more appealing :)

No comments: