Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Soup Week! Dinner #2: Slow Cooker Lemony Chicken Noodle Soup

Yes, I've already posted this soup before. But it's so good and so easy I just wanted to remind you about it. You're welcome :)
And I'm glad I had it on the menu for today because Leyna was sick and it was one of the 2 things she actually felt like eating. The other was peanut butter toast, if you're interested.
So I'm not gong to re-post the recipe but I am going to update it a bit and tell you that the last few times we've had it we've been "topping" it and it's WONDERFUL. Usually you think of topping chili but probably not chicken noodle soup. Well, you should try it!
I usually put out pepper, Parmesan cheese, cilantro, lemon wedges, red pepper flakes, and crackers (not pictured). That's my bowl above. I went heavy on the lemon, cilantro, and red pepper flakes since I'm coming down with a cold. Leyna usually likes Parmesan and extra lemon but tonight she didn't opt for any toppings. Cora ate 2 crackers and I fed her about 5 noodles before she said she was done. I swear I don't know how that girls survives!

No comments: