Friday, July 6, 2012

CSA - Week 2

We are alternating pick up weeks with our neighbors so this week was our turn to pick up our CSA boxes from the farm. Today I learned that being the first ones there and having 2 cute little girls pays off! We got several bonuses besides what was in our box. They let us try "ground cherries," which are tiny, sweet/tart little cherries in husks. The farmer gave us a handful and it was all I could do to bring 3 home so Daddy could try them and I could get them in the picture! The girls gobbled those and the bag of cherry tomatoes up! They also gave us a bonus bag of green beans and let Leyna pick out a few extra cucumbers since they are her favorite. I LOVE THIS!
Assorted hot peppers, green bell peppers, white romaine lettuce, kale, green onions, purple onions, sugar snap peas, green beans, cherry tomatoes (what's left of them!), ground cherries (what's left of them!), cucumbers, summer squash, and zucchini

No comments: