This morning we picked 13 pounds of white peaches and a pound of plums. I'm going to let them ripen for another day or two and then there will be some major peach creations coming out of our kitchen (I hope!).
 |
| white peaches |
 |
| 6 lonely plums |
This afternoon I managed to pick 8 cups of basil leaves from our, still small, basil plants in the garden and turned them into some delicious homemade pesto. I also cut up our CSA cucumbers and tried my hand at refrigerator pickles. We'll see how they turn out.
 |
| dill (courtesy of our neighbors) and basil |
 |
| refrigerator pickles |
 |
| pesto - ready for the freezer |
Andy spent his afternoon preparing some delicious Caribbean pork, which the girls (especially Cora) even enjoyed. He served it with a homemade pineapple pepper chutney and grilled romaine. Awesome dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment