Friday, April 1, 2011

Pizza Friday - Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza

As I lay in bed last night with a million thoughts running through my head I suddenly got a hankering for Buffalo Chicken Dip. I knew today would be Pizza Friday so I figured why not combine the two? And that's how Buffalo Chicken Dip Pizza was born. Heads up: It's not healthy but it IS tasty!
First I made a batch of my favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip, and then I made a white pizza crust (from my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook). I pre-baked the crust a bit, slathered it with the Buffalo Chicken Dip, and then topped it with sharp shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and a bit of paprika for color. I also brushed the crust with olive oil and sprinkled it with celery salt. That step didn't really change the taste but it looked nice :)
The buffalo dip pizza was way too spicy for the girls so I made them a tamer version by mixing chicken, cream cheese, and garlic salt and spreading it over the crust. I topped it with shredded sharp cheddar and mozzarella. Leyna told me she liked it but she didn't like the way I made it. She ate piece but said she just likes regular pizza with sauce. Cora ate the cheese off of hers and nothing else. I think when I say we're having pizza for dinner the girls just want plain old cheese pizza. We'll have to find a better way to compromise I guess!

No comments: