Friday, July 1, 2011

Four Day Weekend Food: Day 1

We have a lot of good eating planned for our long weekend so I'm going to share it on here day by day. Today was Pizza Friday of course! Here's what we ate:
French fries at the pool
Watermelon on the deck
Pizza on the grill. I made our whole wheat pizza dough and par-baked it inside. Then we grilled, flipped, and topped with sauce and cheese and banana peppers from our garden for the adults. We also added fresh basil from our garden at the table. YUM. I had 4 slices... burp!
Someone enjoyed HER pizza too ;)
And then I grilled some watermelon for the adults cause I've seen it in magazines and it sounded good. It kinda was. It mostly just tasted like warm watermelon but the parts where it picked up flavor from the grill were kinda salty and good. Would have been good topped with some feta and basil I think...

No comments: