Friday, July 15, 2011

Pizza Friday - Deep Dish from the Garden

 We actually did our pizza last night since we'll be going to a friends house for dinner tonight. I made our usual whole wheat crust with fresh rosemary from our garden. Then I reached for the usual cookie sheet but decided I wanted to do something a little different. After looking through the cabinets I settled on a 9 inch round cake pan. I divided the dough in half and pressed it into the oiled pan. I docked the dough and baked it for 6 minutes at 450. Then I took it out and topped it with organic tomato basil sauce, sliced mozzarella, fresh Big Boy tomatoes from our garden,  and parmesan cheese. I baked it for 6 more minutes, took it out and topped it with fresh basil from our garden. At the table the grown-ups topped their pizza slices with pickled sweet banana peppers from our garden. It was one of my favorite pizzas ever, and I think everyone would agree. Leyna had two pieces! Cora didn't eat much since she had just finished busting her head up with a chair but I think she would have liked it :)

No comments: